Stone cold Circumstances

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Surely "boutique" is a euphemism...

I've been put off blogging for a while, after I re-read my last post [This post was considered too lame to be worthy of transfer to this new blog. See it now at www.myspace.com/petersbrother] in the cold light of day, and with a few hours of sleep under my belt. Very ordinary and just a little bit "wtf?". I believe I described Nina as a girl with auburn hair and sun dresses, as well as at times making reference to breastfeeding, flotsam and jetsam and other hideously pretentious things of that nature. As an interesting sidenote, Jason Newsted (second bass player from Metallica) played in a band called Flotsam, which later eveolved into a band called Jetsam. Anyway, moral of the story is, I'm sorry. I will try to make amends now.
To fill you in, dear blog consumer, about my recent activities: I have recently started working at the Castlereagh Boutique Hotel, doing two 3.30-11.30pm shifts and two 11.30pm-7.30am shifts per week. This has taught me two things. 1- Hotels are creepy at night. 2-It's hard to stay awake 'til 7.30am after a big Sunday lunch and a couple of sly beers.
I am currently living at the Ross-Edwards family estate in Pymble, rocking out to the sounds of 15yo Pymble Ladies College gossip (gozzip?) emanating from James' little sister Annie (hi Annie!). Also spend much of my time there marvelling at the pure lethargy of Pubes' lifestyle, shaking my head at Peach's colossal WoW (World of Warcraft) intake, and trying to stop Mrs R-E from ironing my shirts. Good times. Some days I come home and my bed has been made. This afternoon it appeared that my room had been cleaned as well. Awesome.
I went to my second live show for the year the other night (two already with one on the way!) at the Mean Fiddler. Took in the Violent Femmes in Kellyville/Rouse Hill's finest venue. I'm a little bit ashamed to admit that the highlight of the evening came after the Femmes finished when the DJ played a set that went as follows: Holy Grail/Blaze of Glory/Land Down Under/Thriller/etc etc etc. Freaked in a totally non-ironic way with O'Doyle sweating the place up next to me. For the record, the Femmes were ok, but their lead singer appeared to be none too thrilled about playing a one-thirds full barnhouse in Kellyville. Blister in the Sun was ok, in case you were wondering.
Well, it's 3.30am, so just another four hours 'til I can go sleep on Rossy's couch. Can't wait.

No comments: